The following is a step by step guide to assist you in booking your catered event:
Do you have the date, start and end time, and location of the event? Please contact us early in the planning process so you have the most options available to create a cost-effective, successful event. If you're ready to start your reservation, please complete the Getting Started form.
- A confirmation that we have received your request along with a confirmation of our availability (to provide requested services) will be sent via e-mail within 48 hours.
- Once all requested/necessary information is received and confirmed, and we have established our availability for your event, then an event agreement will be sent via email.
- Review the event agreement(s). Make sure the information is correct and the totals are within your budgeted amount. If everything is correct, sign the event agreement(s). Your signature confirms that the agreement(s) are correct and that you are intending to pay for the services.
- If the agreement is not correct or if you need to make changes, please send us the necessary corrections via e-mail. We’ll then send a new/revised agreement.
- Return the signed forms to the Catering sales office by fax or scan them and send by email.
Step 3: Payment
- For a UCSC staff generated campus event:
- An Entertainment Reporting Form (ERF) and CruzBuy Requisition is acceptable.
- Complete ERF to obtain ERF Number required by CruzBuy.
- Log into CruzBuy and select the “Recharge – UCSC Catering Request” form.
- Requester follows instructions to fill out form, entering dollar amount as NTE (not to exceed)*.
- Requester attaches event agreement to requisition.
- Requisition is submitted.
- Once the event is over:
- Approver will compare the requisition to the final event agreement and receipt.
- The order will create a PO and the correct amount will automatically debit/credit the appropriate FOAPALS for the requisition.
*Note: We recommend a “Not to Exceed” (N.T.E.) dollar amount be included on the Requisition Request. This will ensure that any additions or last minute changes will be included in the total approved by your department. If you need assistance determining an appropriate amount, please contact us.
- Check, Cash or Credit Card accepted
- A 50% deposit is required with reservation and the remaining balance is due 5 business days before your event. Please make checks payable to “UC Regents.”
- A credit card is required if paying by check or cash, and will be held for additional charges or damages that may occur the day of the event.
- All events are tentative until all signed forms, which includes payment, are received.
- We cannot assume responsibility for keys to any location, other than the University Center, so please make sure your location is accessible to the caterers for our scheduled arrival time.
- Please notify us immediately if at this point there are any changes or if you need to cancel your event.